HW10 OLD PACIFIC HIGHWAY UPGRADE, OURIMBAH, STAGE 3
This project involves the upgrade of the Pacific Highway between Ourimbah Street at Lisarow and Glen Road at Ourimbah, NSW.
The upgrade will improve traffic flow and travel times for around 29,000 motorists travelling this 1.6-kilometre section of highway each day and will also improve safety for motorists, pedestrians and road users.
Works include widening of the Pacific Highway to provide two lanes in each direction and to install new traffic lights with pedestrian crossing facilities at the Ourimbah Street, Teralba Street and Walmsley Road intersections.
The upgrade will also include the construction of a shared pedestrian and cycle path on the western side of the highway and new bridges across Cut Rock Creek.
The scope of works includes roadworks, utility relocations, bridge demolition, bridge construction, retaining wall construction and ground improvement works.
The project also includes the construction of 3 bridges and the demolition of an existing bridge.
THE PROJECT INCLUDES:
- 43,000 m3 imported fill
- 12,500m ground improvement columns
- 25,000t cement treated gravels
- 16,000t asphalt
- 3,200m drainage culverts (Ø375 to Ø1350 mm)
- 3 x concrete T-girder bridges
- Demolition of existing concrete bridge
AT THE PEAK OF CONSTRUCTION, WE WILL HAVE THE FOLLOWING CIVIL WORKS CREWS WORKING CONCURRENTLY:
- Stormwater pipe installation
- Earthworks (bulk and detailed works)
- Clear and grubbing
- Service relocation management
- Bridge substructure
- Environmental maintenance of sedimentation basins
THE KEY BENEFITS OF THIS UPGRADE INCLUDE:
- Construction of 3 new bridges
- Demolition of an existing bridge
- Relocation of major services including Telstra, Optus, Gas, NBN, Power and Water assets
- Management of soft soils issues including the installation of over 200 ground improvement columns
- Detailed traffic management planning to ensure two-way traffic access at all times along this section of highway
- Planting of over 140,000 trees and shrubs